Need an SEO checklist for content? This is my list to help you write better optimized content.
The librarian of the Internet’s is Google and your job is to make sure your content doesn’t end up in the back of the library… This is why SEO is important.
- Research keywords and their synonyms using tools such as “Keyword Tool External” and “Ubersuggest“.
- Research your competition, what is their content like?
- Stay on topic
- Is your keyword / phrase in the page title (60 characters)?
- Meta description? 155 characters with a clear “call to action”?
- Primary content above the fold.
- Formatting, H1, H2, h3, bold, italic etc.
- Does the first paragraph have your most important keywords?
- Appropriate Keyword Usage? Does your copy sound natural?
- Internal links coming from important pages?
- Linking to external (and relevant) pages (if possible)?
- ALT description on images?
- Optimized for long tail phrases ?
- What would a “searchers” intent be when finding your page? How can you serve them better than anyone else?
I made some changes to the original version of this checklist. Thanks Reg for pointing out a few places for improvement!